27 December 2005

Christmas Reflection

It was a 'silent night, holy night' Christmas for me this year, which i really appreciate alot after a whole year of hustle and bustle. This year has been really a year of unrest, not only in the world, but in my life as well. All in all, what i've learnt the most is to realise that God is in control of everything, just do your best, let God do the rest!

I've realised alot of my weaknesses long long time ago and have been in my new year resolution for years as well. Sometime just feel disappointed that these weakness will still be on my new -new-year resolution .. nevertheless, in God, i'm a new creation! 2 Cor 5:17 Old has gone, new has come! Take heart!

Some of my weaknesses, ego, pride, authoritarian (controlling) and lust. Among all these, i think my pride has indeed 'harmed' me the most. I have become ignorant at times and inconsiderable. Just thinking of how to make myself look better, sometime at the expanse of others calibre. I feel i've become more controlling n 'kepo' (busybody) when my pride is not subdued. Always think that my ideas/beliefs/methods is the best n must follow mine, overshadowing those brilliant, experience options. My oh my ... the bottom line is ... i must change and be willing to be changed!

It just amazed me how God has been so patient with me through out the years. I've been rebellious and disobedient to Him, yet His unfalling love still overwhelmed me. I.e. today, i was quite disappointed, but God just sent some light snow as i walked to college ... i was delighted n i thank God for He cares for me. In happen all years round, when i feel sad or disappointed, there's always someone or something to cheer me up. God never gives up on me, why I have to give up on God! 2 Tim 4:7 finish the race, keep my faith!

I wanna give thanks to God for He provides all my needs! I prayed for my parents to serve God, now my dad is an ACGL in family group n mum actively supporting dad n church activities. I prayed for full scholarship in King's College, God gives me better one, full scholarship in Imperial College with really wonderful supervisor. I prayed for fruitful ministries, God answered by giving me lots of God-loving people. Many many many thanks to my God, who never fail me when i ask! :D

In the coming new years, i foresee a more hectic life, with more people to take care of and more demands in my PhD study. But it's gonna be an exciting years, i can 'feel it' :D

If you are reading my blog, do remember me in your prayer!

No comments: