05 January 2006

Going get tough, tough get going

Went to college today, and one of my colleagues comes and informed us that he's quiting. It's so sudden. Reason being, cannot cope with the demand and pressure of his supervisor. Cannot deny, the supervisor that he has was one of the strictest in Imperial College! The impact was felt immediately as i saw my colleague walked out of the room, feeling devastated.

I'm really thankful to God for preparing Prof. Duncan as my supervisor. He's really an English gentleman, polite and kind, good at violin! :D All his PhD students really respect him and like him so much! Indeed, for me to survive 3 years of research, a supportive mentor is really important!

I start to write my 3 month progress report. I am really worry initially because it is a gauge to see how much I have understand my research. I struggle on how to begin and end of the day, just manage to finish a page. But deep inside me, I am really happy because I kinda understand what I have read. Of course I don't fully understand the concepts, the mathematical models, but I've got the basic idea what I want to achive at the end of my research. Praise God!

Went to visit Rachel again with Yanti. She is really ill, have not been to work for a few days. Have to pray for God's protection. Take care, everyone!

No comments: