09 November 2006

A Visit to Stamford Bridge!

Well ... Stamford Bridge; those who don't follow the football will just assume that I went to visit a bridge, cause there's so many bridges in London: Tower bridge, London Bridge, Battersea Bridge, Waterloo Bridge ...... But this 'bridge' that I visited is in fact one of the most expansive 'bridge' in the world, the home of Chelsea FC! I wonder why they called their stadium Stamford Bridge, where no where around the stadium i can see any bridge.

And I will call it a visit ... coz i'm not a fan of Chelsea FC! I went to a fourth round Carling Cup match, between Chelsea and Aston Villa last night. The match was pretty exciting! What do u expect, a team which is assembled by money! In my heart, I always want the opposition team to win Chelsea, to show them that money is not the key to trophies, as we all can now witness in Real Madrid. Haha ... you are reading a blog of a Gunners :p


Nevertheless, I went to the match with Jacey, Anita, Henry, Yoppy, Gao Min, Carl and Anthony. We got the tickets for £21.50 each, so I was jokingly saying, since Chelsea scored 4 goals, each goal is worth about £5.40! By the way, Anthony is from Southend, the team which is 43 league place below Manchester United, which beaten Man Utd 1-0!!

Was quite delighted though, able to be in another stadium. So far, I have visited Old Trafford and Highbury, twice each! My next destination of course in our Emirates Stadium, which is just half a mile from where i'm staying. Near right! :D

Able to see most of the Chelsea star, except John Terry (one match suspension) and Ashley Cole (the deflected Gunners). The goals scored by Lampard, Shevchenko, Essien and Drogba were equally impressive! Will not elaborate alot here ... can always visit Jacey's, Anita's blog for the more detailed, more excited version of the visit! :P

Oh yea, I was surrounded by the 'true Blues fan' and for the whole night, my ears were filled with the 'F' word as well as their super loud noise while cheering! I hope one day, we can hear this kind of cheering for God and His people in church! :D

I'm looking forward for the Carling Cup draw on Saturday. Prayerfully Arsenal and Chelsea will not play against each other yet, but both will play at home ground, so that I am able to watch another few matches! That's the only chance I get to watch live football! To sign off ... here's two photos. Din manage to snap alot of picture, coz not interested! hahahaa

One last thing .... I promise, My Testimony - Part 2 will be up soon! :P

No comments: