21 December 2006

'Kad Tiram' once was lost, but now am FOUND!

Kad tiram (Oyster Card) is a smartcard which Londoners use in our daily commute. Something like 'Touch n Go" in Malaysia or "Octopus" in Hong Kong - just touch in and touch out.

And as typical chinese, i'm super kiasu n always finding ways to save money. If you are a student, if you apply for a Student Kad Tiram, you are entitled to 30% discount if you purchase a season travelcard. Normal people will probably buy on monthly basis. But after comparing the price of annual travelcard and month travelcard .. the money that i could save is £95. So, i bought an annual travelcard! So now, my kad tiram is worth the value of £620!

I am always very careful with it, realising how much I would lose if i lost it. No matter how careful you are .... it will happen! And it happen tonight ....

It was 10pm, after CG, preparing to sent visitors home using the church van. It was so cold that ice was formed on the windscreen, so I drove the van to the back of the house, to get some hot water to melt the ice. After that, began the journey of sending Ah Sun to Old Street, Candy and Gemmy to Bank station, Ivon to her City Uni hall n the long journey up north to Kenton for Louise. It was on the way to Kenton, I touched my pocket n realise my Kad Tiram was gone! calmed myself, praying in my heart, hoping that I put it in my bag at home

The panic came when I reached home n checked my bag! No kad tiram! Check the living room! No kad tiram! Check the rubbish bin! No kad tiraM! This is really really bad! It was more than 2 hours if i accidentally drop it on the street, n by then it will be gone! Fear for the worst (actually not that bad, coz i'm able to get replacement card n maybe lose some money over the waiting period), I went outside the house to start looking!

My first place to search was behind the house, where I melted the ice on the windscreen. And IT WAS ON THE FLOOR!!! To me, it was really a MIRACLE! After 2 hours plus, it was still on the floor! No one actually pick it up!

Kad Tiram .... once was lost, but now am found! :D

No comments: