19 February 2007

Arsenal vs Cardiff City (FA Youth Cup) QF

Remember a few weeks ago, I blogged that I would have the chance to go to Emirates Stadium to watch a match (if you can't remember, click here), be it Arsenal vs Tottenham or Brazil vs Portugal, which I really look forward to it. Unfortunately, I did not go for the two matches mentioned. For the first match against Tottenham, no left over ticket for general sales (rightly so cause it's the North London derby match). Then the 2nd one, international friendly, i was asked not to go to attend meeting. *sigh* ... n since then i did not blog about it in any entries, in order to save 'face', since i've proclaimed so 'loudly' that I will make it to one of the match :P

As i continue to wait, and do what I usually do, I will click on www.arsenal.com once every few days, to see any tickets on general sale. Lo and behold, Arsenal vs Cardiff City (FA Youth Cup) quarter final match will be held in Emirate Stadium and each ticket only cost £3! Yes, you see it right ... 3 pounds! At once, I started to send out news and invitation for people who is interested! Alas, just now, 5 of us went to the match: Harry (my loyal Arsenal companion), Jacey (although she's my "enemy" who support the Blues, she won't miss the chance to visit other stadium), Rudy ("deflected" Red Devils fan ...slowly converting to be the Gunner, finger-cross) and Candy (who sole mission at the match was to look at cute guys).

I was so proud of my stadium. Maybe it's new, right from the outlook, box office, the Armoury (Arsenal shop), to the turnstile, toilet, gates, even the seat (with cushion) impressed me alot! I can just imagine when the stadium is 100% full with football enthusiast, cheering on the team. No wonder football industry is a big business in UK! I also think of the scene when the stadium is filled with people praising and worshipping God in unison! How awesome and magnificent that would be! :D

Although it was only a FA Youth Cup quarter-final match, the football atmosphere was really there. Many parents take the opportunity to bring their kids to the match (£1 for kids). I witnessed a rather amusing scene, when a young Gunner junior actually sang the supporters song to the opposition supporters. Indeed, a very impressive "football education" to the next generation.


The players for both teams, really fought well to win. These young guns who one day will shine in the big games and become a big gun! I was particularly glad that I was able to see a penalty being saved by the keeper!

The final score of the match was 3-2. We've paid £3 for the ticket ... so each goal is worth 60p! Really a very good deal we've got this time (instead of £20 a goal for Chelsea match, which Jacey n Henry watched few weeks ago).

If you are interested of watching football, (of course i'm gonna source for cheap ticket), please keep in touch with me! You'll not regret it! :D

ARSENAL RULEZZZZZZ!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings,

I would like to speak with you about publishing some articles on sports.

Cheers,
michelle@sportingo.com