23 March 2007

Movies I watched this week ......

After my transfer presentation, I watched The Curse of Golden Flower (I din know Jay Chou starred in it) and 300! Both are beautifully shot movies with amazing mass fighting scenes! You know the 'rain of arrows' scene in Hero (starring Jet Li, Maggie Cheung) .... it has been used in both of these movies ... *sigh* .. something like the Matrix's slow motion scene - can be seen in most action movie! So overuse!

I was particularly impressed by 300, because it reminds me of Gideon's 300 men who rescued their country. Although in this movie, the 300 spartans led by their king died, it unite the country together. Where as in The Curse of Golden Flower - the villain (Chow Yun Fatt) still alive at the end of the movie - it caused the kingdom to fall. Similiar story lines, one set in Greece and one set in China!

Hahaha - anyway i'm so looking forward to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (starting tomorrow), Spiderman 3, Shrek 3!

No comments: