12 April 2007

Now in Adelaide ....

After another 6.5 hours of flight, I finally arrived in Adelaide, Australia at 6.20pm local time! It was after 16 years, I set foot on Aussie soil again. Adelaide airport is quite small, about the size of Kuching airport. The immigration was tedious! I think they are more concern of 'contaimination' rather than terrorist (in the case of UK), coz their checking procedures are about the quarantine stuff. And their 'quarantine it' means 'throw it away'! :D

Once i was out, knowing that i needed to wait for at least 1/2 hour, I went to change my currency. Then found a Hudson Cafe to have my hot chocolate. While sitting down, my nose got quite irritated so I used a tissue to kinda dig it ... n i was bleeding! Thank God it's jst minor bleeding, maybe I'm just too exhausted! Nevertheless, Nicholas came soon after in his Toyota Corolla. Din know he has a fairly new car here. Will post a photo when got chance. Chatted with Nic on the way, about church, about life, about the plan next few days.

Arrived at my brothers' flat (Nic n Oliver). Oliver will only be back tonight from Brisbane. I was shown around, it was quite a cosy house! It was 8.30am ... after shower, I slept! Slept for 6 hours, now awake, cooked Indo mee, took photo of the house n updating my blog! :D
By the way, the weather is sooooo hot here, even though it's so-called autumn! Now wearing shorts n sandal n my sunglasses, going out around this area to explore! More to come tomorrow! :D

The living room + kitchen + my bedroom (on the futon)
Oliver's room - quite tidy .. for now. That's his Man Utd shirt he asked me to buy
Nic's room - usual medic student room, full of diagrams
The dining table + my Indo Mee! :D

No comments: