23 October 2007

Various :D

Time to update myself a bit! :D

  1. PhD - after discussion with Prof. Duncan, realistically, i have another 2 years or less to go (Sep 2009, instead of 2008). If everything goes well, my graduation will be in May 2010. Right now, I need to get my upper human airway model done by end of the year. Then continue with various experimentation for about 9 months to 12 months, follow by 6 months of writing up. Then all sort of corrections on the thesis. Finally a viva! Although 2 years seems still quite a long way to go, but time flies! Pray for me! I want to finish quickly!

  2. Hope IF Imperial College - Jacey, Anita and I started the CG in our college. Last Thursday (18 Oct), I was a bit discourage with the confirmation of people attending the care group, until a point, i told Jacey, "Today might not have alot of people, maybe 8. It's like every week reduce 2 person". Yes, very discouraging! A contact rang, said he's waiting outside, so i went out, and totaly surprise, he brought another 3 friends! In the end, we had 11 people joining the care group. I repented for not trusting in God. Nevertheless, students in IC are intelligent. The discussion has to be really a 'mind-blowing' type! I learnt a lot though.

  3. Hope IF Hatfield - it has been just a month we did our outreach, and now we organize ourselves in 3 care groups! Amazing! Last friday, 37 attended with many visitors bringing new friends. All of them are excited for this Friday because we are organizing cooking competition between the CGs. Pray for us to have wisdom to bring Jesus into their life!

  4. Mission Trip to Bristol - One sister from Hope PJ is now studying in University West England (UWE) for her final year. So i brought Herman and Jessie along for this mission trip, to understand the situation and challenge the people there to start a group. We woke up at 5.30am to catch a early bus .... once on the bus, we totally knocked off, cause we were exhausted from CG the previous night! It was good to be there, challenging people to serve God! Eventually, Michelle and Sohan take a bold step, make a courageous decision to start a CG! :D Pray for them as well, to perserve and grow!

  5. Myself
    I've been cycling to college whenever possible, except Thursday when we have care group in IC, cause i need to carry the guitar. Since i'm more familiar to the route, i've cut short the journey time to 40 minutes (time start when i leave the house and end when i sit down in office). I've cycled in the rain twice as well! Body are getting fitter and healthier ... whether i've slimmed down or not, i'm not so sure :D

    Finance, since i've started cycling and all the 'lobang' that i've got ... i hope to save more money, so that I can embark on a backpacking Europe trip after my PhD. Still praying for Yayasan S'wak to increase my living allowance, like all other JPA scholars .... very jealous!

    As for girlfriend, currently no time, no money to have one! See how it goes lar! God will provide!

I realise i did not call home for more than a week .... will try tomorrow night! Tonight (Tues)doubt i can cause i'm going to watch Stardust ... a break from my hectic schedule!

No comments: