30 January 2006

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

I think this is my second year celebrating Chinese New Year away from home. Nevertheless, now I kinda agree with those 'old people', that when we grow older, CNY is just another break from our pressured and hectic life! That's very true back home, but not here in UK :P I am even more busy than usual this few weeks.

Yanti has gone back for holiday in Sekadau (it's a small village in Kalimantan), so am taking care of her Care Group. I appreciate Yanti alot alot, now after she left, i appreciate her more! it's not easy taking care of CG, sheep n work. I really hope she can come back early :P On the other hand, I really hope she's enjoying herself to the fullest! She deserves the break!

Had a really busy Saturday! Shepherding, shopping, care group and dinner! Was particularly glad because able to call home, talked to almost everyone in Betong (my hometown).

Then come the CNY dinner. I was sooooo disappointed with myself and the BBQ :P I bought the wrong charcoal. Technically, it's not even charcoal, it's just coal for the fireplace! hehehe ... solution: went to buy some woods! The effect with wood is always not as nice as charcoal! Lesson learnt: stock up charcoal for winter or NEVER BBQ in winter (it's soooo cold :P ) We had our countdown when 12 struck. Kinda weird, countdown for CNY :)

Sunday service, was great. Led the worship. Received some positive feedbacks. There's one i particular remembered, 'Hey, your guitar was in tune whole day!' <-- so you can roughly know how lousy my guitar skill is! Hehehe .. again, I praise God for the talents n giftings He gives me! We received small 'ang pow' from the church, which I think it's great! CNY need to have ang pow!

In the evening, it's the first CG for the pioneering Koinonia 4 at ministry house. Even though we started late and end early (pretty rush), I'm glad the visitors were blessed! The CG initially is targetting post-graduate and young adults, but with God's guidance, it has pretty much become a Oriental CG with visitors from China n Japan! :D Later in the night, received two emails from the visitors, sharing how grateful and happy they are to be able to join the CG. It encourages me so much so much! :D

This morning, woke up a bit late, cause slept late! Was preparing worship for the Sunday, supposingly as cover-up for Aaron, thank God now Vincent is 'forcing' Aaron to lead with his help! So i'm being 'set-free'. While walking towards the bus stop .... SHOCK!! I saw the church van parked at the resident parking, which i forgot to park back at my parking lot! £50 fine .... so sakit hati!!! The cost of my carelessness is too high! And there goes my 'ang pow' if I do receive any :(

Now back to my study! Tough but God is with me! :D

2 comments:

peishanyeo said...

Happy CNY Eldos. Well in Singapore it's the usual - family visits, bak gua, pineapple tarts and the like. But we get a few days of undisturbed rest - a rarity!

N2CG said...

Aiyah .. me dun have bakgua here :( Miss it soooo sooo much! Really no CNY atmosphere here, unless I go Trafalgar Sq, but *sigH* it's on sunday, n were in church whole day :P