24 January 2006

Explosion at 4.30am

I'll never thought this would happen to me! While waiting for the train at Kentish Town Thameslink station, an explosion happened! The next thing we noticed a few seconds later, a person lying on the track burning! How dramatic this was. My first reaction was to run as fast as I could to alert the tube maintenance staff. In no time, they rush to the victim. Michelle at that time was in a bit shock so I comforted her and we prayed. (By the way, I was at the station with Michelle early in the hour because she was flying off to Aberdeen using the early flight thru Luton, and thameslink has a station at Kentish Town.)

Few minutes later, dozen (I mean really in 5 minutes, a total of about 15++ police were there). Me and Michelle were telling each other, this is an impossible sight in Malaysia .. n we did comemnt about the physical appearance of the police as well .. young and fit! A few more minutes later, paramedics and fire crews were there as well. I was really amazed on their respond time! When can this happen back at Malaysia?

We don't really know what happen to the victim except constantly heards his mourning in pain. Moments later, few policemen came and took statements from us. Train was late for about 20 minutes, probably because of the explosion. Michelle boarded the train and i drove home.

And there goes my 'explosive' night! Now is 5.20am .... will catch some sleep now!

No comments: