09 March 2006

09 March 2006

Hey, it has been a while since i last update myself to you all. It is because of my busyness, coupled with my lazyness as well :P Updating blog require some motivation and urge to do it. But of course in my case, since I hardly on msn now (hehe .. not so true actually, I am always on 'appear offline' mode'), the best way for peopl to know my well-being is thru blog! It happens, there's one period, there's so much hype about 'blogging' in the unit ... but now the craze has died down. I'm sure there are a few 'faithful' blogger .. count me out :D Nevertheless, I will try to post something as often as possible.

Let me start from my research. 3 words: tough, tough, tough :D There is so much for me to learn at this stage, coming from a Mech Eng background to computing. I was being asked by a brother: 'Can you think 'logic', like the programmer did?' Indeed, it's hard ... that's why now I am starting from the basic, C++ programming. Through out the course, I will be mastering ITK (a software for image segmentation), VTK (for image visualization) and ANSYS (for Finite Element analysis). All the above require me to know programming. Past few weeks, I have been tutoring, on a first year subject - Discrete Mathematics. It was good pay (£20 per hour), so my Easter Camp fee is sorted! Currently, I'm preparing for a research paper presenation (13 March). In May, I'll be sitting for 2 exams, so about time to start my revision. In June, will be doing my 9th month report ... as Jacey said, it's not difficult! Keep my finger cross :D

Well, ministry ... was very excited last Friday, to witness 6 brothers n sisters from the unit being water-baptised. Congratulation to Scott, Tom, Kevin, Marcus, Rachel and Michelle :D Their testimony-sharing was inspiring and 'interesting', especially one of the them who has stage-fright ... until the point, I have to stand in front of her to speak on her behalf (while she whispered to me) :P The water was luke-warm ... wish it were warmer! But the whole ceremony was fantastic!

My weekday evenings are all dedicated to church: Mon - church meeting, Tue - K2 CG, Wed - K4 CG, Thu - K3 CG, Fri normally my off .. but most of the time preparing for Sunday. Now it fits well .... hopefully it can stay on like this for a while (the schedule). The next bit of course is to find time for sports: swimming (my college has free swimming facility) and tennis (Spring is here!!). Good that to find some 'kaki' ... but not yet materialized though! hehe

Oh yea ... i've gained weight! Just realised that I've been eating supper most of the time (the left over food by my housemate or sometime cereals). Yeap, should cut down / ban myself from eating before i go to sleep. Lately because of scholarship I've been awarded by Yayasan Sarawak, I am eating better. I've been eating japanese quite often lately! I join Imperial College M'sian Society .. the main reason I join is because the membership card entitle me to 10% discount on various restaurant across London!! I think i've 'untung balik' the £5 i paid for the membership! Hehe

It's great to hear from Ah Ching (my brother jst recently landed in Brisbane for his foundation course, later will pursue hotel management). Just the same advice ... be 'KUAI'!! Don't be naughty :D

That's all for now! Will update myself ... well .. probably 1 or 2 weeks times!

No comments: