05 November 2006

My 27th Birthday Celebrations

Back to blogging. This is motivated by Harry, who wants to give me a domain name as my birthday present! Soon, all you need to do it just type in www.eldosthen.com Thanks Harry! :D

Notice that the word "celebration" end with S (plural, not the other 'S' you are thinking about). It started on Tuesday, when I had dinner with Rachel and Soo at the Spaghetti House at Tufnell Park. The food was so good and most importantly cheap. We had lasagne, risotto, 1/4 roast chicken, then we ordered starter (toasted bread with herbs and olives; and yes, the sequence of our dinner was wrong, cause we were tempted by the starter our neighbour had); we also had mussels, a huge plate! All these only cost us £21.50! We already planning our next trip to try the melon platers, escagot and steamed fish! Well, this time, both of them successfully pull of a surprise: a birthday cake! Seriously, I was really touched! Thank you so so much, Rachel and Soo!

On Friday, I had a wonderful time at Hatfield CG, where we celebrated 5 persons' birthday, namely Scott, Bill, Jessie, Tom and mine! I always wonder, why there are so many people born in November. So a simple theory come to mind: 9 month pregnancy period, so babies are conceived around Jan or Feb ... normally our Chinese New Year! So maybe during festive holiday, nothing else to do ....... Anyway, everyone in CG cooked and the meal was really delicious! We played games: 'Big wind blow', 'pass the message' and 'musical parcel'. It was really an enjoyable time. Of course, we can't miss out the birthday cake! :D

Then, came Saturday, the birthday dinner in London! We invited all the people who attended the Mooncake Festival Dinner last month, and most of them came! To name them (no order of preference, k): Renee, Tian Tian, Cherie, Qi Ji, Ryusuku, Gemmi, Su, Tomin, Leon, Janet, Yan Yee, Wilson, Carl, Erin, Nejuma, Stella, Ivon, Tommy, Jenny; of course not forgetting Kenny, Yanti, Yoppy, Jacey, Nat and Ah Sun. I received many birthday cards n chocolatess! As usual, after dinner, we played some games. The last game, which only involve me, need to be blind-folded and walked in the room full of eggs (which suppose to be the mine). At the end, when I removed my blindfold, it was a birthday cake, with those 'magic candles' on! (magic as in the candle will ignite itself when u blow it out). I made a wish, which i can reveal here, that is: For every non-believers friends to accept Jesus; for believers to love Jesus more and more!! I also took the opportunites to share about the blessings that God has bestowed unto my life and my family! In the end, I prayed for everyone :)

No comments: