06 November 2006

My Testimony - Part 1

Today is my day, so I have decided to take things simple; do some reflections and planning. While praying this morning, I was inspired to write a entry about my Christian walk! I don't think many people know in detail :D

Early days .....

My exposure to Jesus Christ started when I was 5 years old. In kindergarden in Kapit (a division in Sarawak), a colleague of my mum, who was a Sunday school teacher in a RC church asked whether we (Fabian and I) were interested to join their activities. We joined, but I forgot how long we lasted. The only vivid memory I had was the sweets and goodies we received during Christmas!

Journey to know Christ continue when I was in primary 5 in SRB St. Paul, Kuching. All of us probably remember we need to take Moral Education class since primary 1 up until Form 5! But in that school, if you are a Christian, you'll be exempted from moral class and attend a Bible Class instead. My good friends were all in the Bible Class, still an unbeliever, I told my moral teacher that I am a Christian! Although we were causing havoc in the class, but the story of Jesus sank in my heart. I continue to attend the bible class till Primary 6.

Secondary School .....

Form 1, our form teacher, Ms Grace Wee was a devoted Christian! She literally preached gospel to us everyday. We were so noisy and naughty, until one day she cried in front of the class. Again, Christ is knocking on the door on my heart! Yet again, I kinda ignore and continue to lead a playful life!

Form 2, i think I reach adolescene earlier than other peer. I started to thinking of get myself a girlfriend (Eh, wait ... actually the thought of having a gf occur when I was in primary 4 .. haha!) Anyway, I was particular close to this girl (Due to privacy issue, name will not be mentioned :P). We really spent lots of time doing things together .. until one day she kinda hinted to me that she did not want to 'friend me anymore' (later in the years, I discovered that it is a misunderstanding. What she meant is let's concentrate more on study and play less!)

I got very sad and depressed. I still remember I would just cried when I listened to those chinese romantic songs (Yes, very embarrasing to think of it even now!) Nevertheless, my good friend, Siew Chee (who got married few years ago! Geee, i feel so old now!) who was a devoted Christian, actively serving in church can't 'bear' the sight of me 'giving up on life'. So he introduced me to Tee, a co-worker of Campus Crusade. There, she used the Four Spiritual Laws and shared to me the full gospel. I was paying much attention to what she said but only can remember: "God LOVES you .... ". In my mind, 'since nobody loves me, and this God loves me ... fine! I'll accept Him and He'll love me!' So, I made the sinner's prayer and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour!

As that time was near the second term exam, I've decided to 'turn my sorrow into prayer and hardwork' :P Everytime before I start my revision, I'll pray to ask for wisdom and strength. I even did schedule and chart to monitor my revision progress! That time, I was an average result student, always lingering at the 15th-20th position in class. But that term, I managed to break to 2nd in class (heard that it's 2nd in whole form as well). Few years later, as I opened the report card again, I observed that my results were still the same as 1st term, just that all my classmates did not maintain their result (except the one who got 1st in class :P)

Thank God for campus crusade, I was being care for and being trained as student leaders and evangelist, by organizing evangelistic events for secondary school students. This actually path the way for my ministry in God's kingdom!

T0 be continue ......

No comments: