23 May 2007

Back to London

I'm back in London for almost 2 weeks now. On the flight back, I thought I would be home sick for the first few days. But this time, I did not feel that, because there are many things awaiting me to do/deal/sort it out - mainly church and PhD!

Because it's nearly summer (officially not yet), I felt like everybody in the college is slowly slacking off. I've been unproductive up until now ... really pray that I will gear up, work quickly and smart, so that I can finish my PhD asap! FYI, postgraduate ceremony always fall in May. So realisticly, my convocation would now probably be in 2010. Anyway ... will try do my very best! Because after my 3rd year, if Yayasan S'wak do not agree to extend the sponsorship, might need to ask for FaM funding! Never heard of it? It's 'Father-and-Mother' funding! :D

Church, has been great! Can feel the momentum moving forward - in quantity and quality! For me, beside leading the student ministry, I am assigned to Church Growth and Spiritual Growth department. In order to be most effective and not overloaded, I've identified people to assist me in various sub-dept! Student CGs, most of them having exams, and after exam, go home for 3 months! So we'll be preparing a new raid for freshers! Prayerfully, we'll be more powerful than this school term! Beside, I worship-led last Sunday - sth that I really enjoy doing so much nowsaday. Because i have not been playing guitar for a month, i slightly sprained my right shoulder muscle. It has recovered now after being massaged and applied deep-heat lotion.

In these few months, there are so many interesting events/trips for me!

  • 27 May - Global Day of Prayer at West Ham Stadium (Upton Park)
  • 28 May - trip to Thorpe Park (a theme park)
  • 12-13 June - 2 days leisure trip to Dublin! (Ryanair gave out 1p ticket, all inclusive of tax and charge). So the whole trip might just cost £30-40 only
  • 28 July - 2 football matches at Emirates Stadium. Inter Milan vs Hamburg and Arsenal vs Paris St Germain. Ticket is only £32!
  • 1-8 Aug - Euro Convention at Prague. After camp, will go to Cesky Krumlov again!
  • Sept - might go Brussel to visit my 3 cousins there! Also courteousy of Ryanair for 1p ticket. If not Brussel, maybe Milan.

God is good! He blessed me so much!

Last but not least ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Ah Phin!!

No comments: