31 December 2007

Another year has passed .....

Time flies ... one year has passed.

Last year this time, I was bracing myself in the cold at Embankment for New Year countdown (firework at London Eye). This year, I am smarter: stay at home and rest! :D I have been sick throughout the festive period - cold and cough - causing myself to be quite moody as well. Come to think of it, I always sick at this time of the year - when I have nothing to do for church. I rarely sick when I'm busy. Nevertheless, now I am taking times to rest, to reflect, listening to worship songs, enjoying the presence of God - while welcoming 2008!

I have been in UK for 5 years, 3 months. I have been away from home (Kuching) for 9 years 7 months - that time I was still 18 years old bloke. Now I'm almost 30 years old (2 more years). Time flies. These 9 years has been really my 'life defining' period of time. Joined Hope of God movement, received the vision - and now dedicating my life in fulfilling it! I have seen many life transformations; I have also seen lifes been wasted away. I have brought many to cross the line of faith; I have also disappointed many throughout due to my immaturity and pride. I have gained many new skills, talents and giftings - simply being humble and willing. I would never thought of myself doing what I'm doing now when I first joined Hope. Time flies.

My family has grown as well - parents serving God in Hope Kch, Fabian pioneering Hope Gold Coast and getting married next Aug, Nicholas almost finishing his medic course, Oliver jst wrote an amazing email about his life in Cairnes as trainee as well as a person, Daphne jst got her PMR results - straight As - first in the family and Stefanie, going to Lodge school for her secondanry education. My prayer for my family would be God's protection as well as my two sisters attending church and care group.

I mentioned before I love to do new year resolution - this year is no exception. I have done one! The thing about new year resolution is: it is getting easier to do every year. You just need to update your old one with better strategized plans or set bigger goals (if you achive those goals). You can refer to my 2007's resolution here. Things that I have achived -

Here's my 2008 New Year Resolution:

I will have enough sleep and exercise at the same time! :D Well, not forgetting healthy diet - yes, lots of water and fruits.

2008 ... WELCOME! Looking forward to a greater year - to glorify God in a greater way!!

No comments: